Libyan government reports 100 casualties in coalition air strikes

PanARMENIAN.Net - Air strikes from Western coalition forces which are the more incentive are reported to have killed many civilians in Libya.

Libyan government claimed the attacks which had lasted for five days had killed nearly 100 civilians. Western governments are accused of being behind the rebels in Libya.

“What happens now is the Western governments fight on the side of the rebels. It is not permitted by UN resolution,” said a spokeswoman for the Government of Libya, Ibrahim Mussa as quoted by Reuters news agency on Thursday (March 24, 2011).

Ibrahim said the government of Libya believes the western troops have planned to attack broadcasting infrastructure, on Thursday. “We have received news that the broadcasting and communication infrastructure will be targeted, perhaps this evening by air strikes,” he said.

“If this happens, it is immoral and illegal. The target is civilians ,” Mussa added.

Ibrahim said, the number of civilians who are victims of allied air strikes have reached nearly a hundred people. But Western military officials denied the existence of civilians were killed in the Western military operation to enforce the no-fly zone in Libya and to protect civilians from Muammar Gaddafi’s forces.

“We only respond to air attacks, which is our right. And the rebels in the east is attacking our troops from air attack,” WNCNews quoted Ibrahim Mussa as saying.

 Top stories
Barak, who also previously served as Israel’s PM, said that he and Netanyahu were ready to attack Iran each year.
AI contends that the charges were fabricated in retaliation for the couple’s human rights work and criticism of the government.
“Erdogan stressed in the past that they would never allow the unification of Kurdish cantons in northern Syria,” Demirtas said.
The Boeing 777 travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board vanished without trace in March 2014.
Partner news