UN suspends all aid convoys in Syria in the aftermath of attack

UN suspends all aid convoys in Syria in the aftermath of attack

PanARMENIAN.Net - The UN has suspended all aid convoys in Syria after its lorries were attacked by warplanes near Aleppo on Monday, September 19, according to BBC News.

The convoy had received proper permits, and all warring parties - including Russia and the US - had been notified, a UN spokesman said.

Eighteen of the 31 lorries, containing wheat, winter clothes and medical supplies, were destroyed.

A senior official of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent was among a number of civilians killed.

The US has expressed "outrage" over the attack, which took place in the town of Urum al-Kubra hours after the Syrian army declared a US-Russian brokered truce over.

The US has said it will "reassess the future prospects for co-operation" with Russia - an ally of Syria's government.

Aid deliveries to besieged areas had been a key part of the cessation of hostilities deal brokered last week.

 Top stories
The bill, published on Monday, is designed to "eliminate the shortcomings of an unreasonably broad interpretation of the key concept of "compatriot".
The earthquake caused a temporary blackout, damaged many buildings and closed a number of rural roads.
The Prosecutor’s Office has released surveillance footage and said that one of the detainees in the case, Iveri Melashvili.
Destinations welcomed 900m fewer international tourists in January–October when compared with the same period of 2019.
Partner news
---