ECHR doesn't accept Azerbaijan's latest application as separate case

ECHR doesn't accept Azerbaijan's latest application as separate case

PanARMENIAN.Net - The European Court of Human Rights has not accepted Azerbaijan's latest application as a separate case, Armenia's Representative before the ECHR reports.

On 3 June, the Armenian government was notified that on June 1 and 2 Azerbaijan submitted a new application form and an interim-measure request with the European Court of Human Rights, requesting the Armenian Government to provide the maps of locations of alleged landmines, the representative said in a statement on June 4.

"The European Court has found that the said application should be treated as part of the Inter-state application submitted by Azerbaijan in January 2021 and has attached it to it. Thus, the European Court has not accepted this application as a new and separate case," the statement reads.

"In May 2021 the Armenian Government submitted an addition to their Inter-State application lodged with the European Court on 1 February 2021 providing the Court with additional evidence and making additional claims. As to the interim-measure request submitted by Azerbaijan, the European Court has informed the Azerbaijani Government that back on 5 March 2021 the Court had already adopted a decision on the same matter rejecting the Azerbaijani request for being out of scope of Rule 39 of the Rules of Court. The European Court noted that its decision of 5 March 2021 still stands and there is no necessity to reconsider it."

 Top stories
For countries not on the exemption list, the advice to avoid non-necessary travel still applies until at least September 1st, 2021.
Ani Samsonyan said all the trials against the Armenian PoWs are fake, aiming to "throw dust in your eyes."
Armenia is included in the orange zone, which means vaccinated travelers are welcome to visit France.
The Armenian Foreign Ministry said it is constantly in touch with the Jerusalem Patriarchate.
Partner news