Armenia denies Azerbaijan's accusations of opening fire

Armenia denies Azerbaijan's accusations of opening fire

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Defense Ministry on Thursday, July 15 denied reports from Azerbaijan, alleging that the Armenian military had opened fire towards the positions of the Azeris in the province of Gegharkunik.

"The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan, which is spreading misinformation on an almost daily basis, has not refrained from provocative information today either," the Defense Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

"The information [about the Armenian troops opening fire] is not true, the Armenian Armed Forces have not violated the ceasefire. Armenian units only take action to suppress the enemy, if necessary."

Azerbaijani forces violated Armenia’s border in several sections in the provinces of Syunik and Gegharkunik on May 12 and 13 and are still refusing to withdraw their troops from the area. Two Armenian servicemen were killed in Azerbaijan’s shooting, while six troops were captured on May 27, although four of them have already returned home.

 Top stories
The situation on the contact line between Karabakh and Azerbaijan was relatively stable overnight, the Defense Army says.
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Partner news
---