Azerbaijanis continue provocations on Armenian border

Azerbaijanis continue provocations on Armenian border

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani forces opened fire on the Armenian positions in the province of Gegharkunik, using various caliber firearms on Friday, August 13 evening, the Defense Ministry reports.

The Armenian troops took suppressive measures to silence the Azeris. No casualties were reported.

The situation was relatively calm at around midnight, the Armenian side said.

On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry confirmed Azerbaijan's ceasefire violations against Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh). It said the Azerbaijani armed forces delivered two strikes with the use of combat quadcopters on the position of the armed forces of Nagorno-Karabakh.

 Top stories
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Coronavirus infection rates are dropping in Armenia but the death rate remains high, Anahit Avanesyan has said.
The government is planning to gradually transition to a professional army and significantly change the structure of conscription.
Partner news
---