UN ready to help Karabakh people “if given access”

UN ready to help Karabakh people “if given access”

PanARMENIAN.Net - The United Nations, if given access, stands ready to conduct humanitarian needs assessment and provide assistance to affected people in Nagorno-Karabakh, spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric told reporters on Monday, September 25.

Dujarric added that the World Organization is concerned about the influx of people into Armenia.

“If we are, as the UN, given access, we stand ready to conduct humanitarian needs assessment and provide assistance to affected people,” he said.

Asked whether the UN was willing to take any further action, he said its “focus right now is on possible humanitarian assistance.”

On September 19, Azerbaijan launched a military offensive against Nagorno-Karabakh, which left hundreds of Armenians killed and thousands of others displaced. On September 20, the authorities of Nagorno-Karabakh agreed to a ceasefire on Azerbaijan’s terms, including the dissolution of the Defense Army. So far, 13,550 displaced residents have already fled Nagorno-Karabakh and reached Armenia.

 Top stories
The CSTO budget for the current year requires adjustments due to the refusal of Yerevan to pay their share of contributions.
Six total incidents have burned 19 old-growth trees. Friday night 8 trees were torched along the beautiful main entrance.
The EU does not intend to conduct military exercises with Armenia, Lead Spokesperson for EU Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Peter Stano says.
Hikmet Hajiyev has said that there is no place for USAID operation in Azerbaijan any longer.
Partner news
---