Hurriyet: Ankara spent over $3 million to block Genocide resolution in U.S. Congress

Hurriyet: Ankara spent over $3 million to block Genocide resolution in U.S. Congress

March 14, 2011 - 15:25 AMT  13:51 GMT
The major part of the 3-millon budget was allocated to Gephardt Group lobbying organisation.
Virginia Foxx: Armenian Genocide resolution not to come on agenda for two years

Virginia Foxx: Armenian Genocide resolution not to come on agenda for two years

January 7, 2011 - 14:15 AMT  13:51 GMT
Foxx, whose son-in-law is a Turk supported Turkey during the previous discussions of the Armenian Genocide issue.
Hayk Demoyan: H.Res.252 may be adopted once it appears within scope of U.S. political interests

Hayk Demoyan: H.Res.252 may be adopted once it appears within scope of U.S. political interests

December 27, 2010 - 13:39 AMT  13:51 GMT
“I don’t rely on the U.S. Congress in recognition of the Genocide,” the Armenian historian stated.

Georgetta Avakian: 90% of Congressmen supported adoption of the resolution; no one’s aware of what has come to pass at the last minute

December 23, 2010 - 18:09 AMT  13:51 GMT
“Failure to schedule a vote on H.Res.252 has caused yet another disappointment among Armenian Diaspora representatives,” Ms. Avakian said.
Richard Giragosian: 2011 favorable for adoption of Armenian Genocide resolution

Richard Giragosian: 2011 favorable for adoption of Armenian Genocide resolution

December 23, 2010 - 17:14 AMT  13:51 GMT
“In a new Congress, the resolution will have not only the traditional support of Greek and Cyprus lobby, but also of the Jewish one, offering us better chances,” ACNIS director said.
Sergey Minasyan: U.S. plans to leave Genocide issue unresolved, to be used as leverage on Ankara

Sergey Minasyan: U.S. plans to leave Genocide issue unresolved, to be used as leverage on Ankara

December 23, 2010 - 16:52 AMT  13:51 GMT
“The pressure will continue throughout the whole process of Armenia-Turkey rapprochement,” the expert said.
Schiff: my feelings are insignificant compared to continued pain of so many in Armenian community

Schiff: my feelings are insignificant compared to continued pain of so many in Armenian community

December 23, 2010 - 11:16 AMT  13:51 GMT
“To my many thousands of Armenian-American constituents and friends, I pledge to you that I will continue to press for recognition of the Armenian Genocide,” he said.
Pelosi blocks bipartisan majority from voting on H.Res.252

Pelosi blocks bipartisan majority from voting on H.Res.252

December 23, 2010 - 09:30 AMT  13:51 GMT
Ken Hachikian: speaker Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote on the resolution represents a major breach of trust with Armenian American voters.
Adam Schiff to reintroduce H. Res. 252 next year, if necessary

Adam Schiff to reintroduce H. Res. 252 next year, if necessary

December 22, 2010 - 21:13 AMT  13:51 GMT
Adam Schiff: the administration's opposition to the genocide measure has been "pro forma."
Assembly: adoption of H.Res. 252 important for U.S. administration

Assembly: adoption of H.Res. 252 important for U.S. administration

December 22, 2010 - 18:25 AMT  13:51 GMT
“Recognition of the Armenian Genocide should be viewed in the context of human rights protection, the field the U.S. believes to be a priority,” Armina Darbinian said.
---