UK withdraws all staff from embassy in Yemen

UK withdraws all staff from embassy in Yemen

PanARMENIAN.Net - Britain said on Tuesday, Aug 6 it had withdrawn all staff from its embassy in Sanaa, Yemen's capital, and extended the closure of the mission until further notice.

"Due to increased security concerns, all staff in the British Embassy have been temporarily withdrawn and the Embassy will remain closed until staff are able to return," the Foreign Office said on its website.

"There is a very high threat of kidnap from armed tribes, criminals and terrorists. Be particularly vigilant during Ramadan, when tensions could be heightened," it said, according to Reuters.

 Top stories
The U.S. State Department offered up to $7mln for information on Qaduli whom it described as a senior IS official.
So far 18 people have also been confirmed dead in an avalanche that swept through the Mount Everest base camp.
Investigators say they found a militant ring in Sardinia, with a suicide attacker potentially planning to target the Holy See.
“Every day Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion, so you can do more than just get by,” Clinton said.
Partner news
Soghomon Tehlirian assassinated Talaat Pasha on March 15, 1921

Operation Nemesis was a covert operation by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation carried out from 1920 to 1922, during which a number of former Ottoman political and military figures were assassinated for their role in the Armenian Genocide.