New Egyptian jihadist group claims responsibility for recent attacks

New Egyptian jihadist group claims responsibility for recent attacks

PanARMENIAN.Net - A new Egyptian militant jihadist group has issued its first statement, claiming responsibility for planting explosives and attacking security men and police stations, the Associated Press reports.

In a statement posted on a militant website late Friday, Ajnad Misr, or Egypt's Soldiers, said it will fight the "regime's criminal organs," which it said were being used to humiliate the people and prevent them from performing religious duties.

It said it planted and detonated two explosive devices on a main highway on Cairo's outskirts Friday. Interior Ministry spokesman Hani Abdel-Latif said it hit a vehicle carrying riot police and wounding an officer.

Earlier this week, militant group Ansar Beit al-Maqdis confirmed that Ajnad Misr was responsible for the Jan 24 bomb attack that targeted Cairo's Talbiya police station, which police said caused no casualties.

 Top stories
The resolution calls on UN member states "that have the capacity to do so to take all necessary measures" against IS.
The body of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, was found in the building in the chaotic, bloody raid in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis.
An EU official said Paris “will be in contact bilaterally with member states in the coming hours and days to specify the support it requires.”
FSB director Alexander Bortnikov announced that a homemade explosive device had blown apart the aircraft in a terrorist act.
Partner news