Sarkozy seeks ban on publication of private conversations

Sarkozy seeks ban on publication of private conversations

PanARMENIAN.Net - Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his singer-songwriter wife are asking a judge for an emergency injunction Monday, March 10, barring any publication of private conversations secretly recorded by a former aide, the Associated Press reports.

The recordings also included discussions between Sarkozy and his inner circle while he was in office in 2011, and were revealed last week in a French newspaper and website. The website has since taken down the recordings in which Carla Bruni — Sarkozy's glamorous wife — teases him about being a kept man.

Two days after the recordings were published, it emerged that French judges were also monitoring Sarkozy's conversations with his lawyer in a probe that dated to his 2007 campaign. Those recordings were made after Sarkozy left office in 2012. The Paris bar is protesting, citing attorney-client privilege.

Related links:
 Top stories
"We are concerned about the state of the European project," the foreign ministers of the Six said in a statement after talks.
The Siege Watch report says 1.09 million people are living in 46 besieged communities in Syria, far more than the 18 listed by the UN.
Rebel-held areas in and around Aleppo are still home to 350,000 people, and aid workers have said they could soon fall to the government.
The launch would be in defiance of repeated warnings by governments who suspect it is a banned test of ballistic missile technology.
Partner news