At least 120 killed in Yemen fighting, official says

At least 120 killed in Yemen fighting, official says

PanARMENIAN.Net - At least 120 people were killed in northern Yemen on Monday, June 2 in fighting between Shi'ite Muslim Houthi rebels and government forces, a Yemeni official said on Tuesday, according to Reuters.

Yemeni planes shelled positions held by Houthi fighters in Omran province and army forces clashed with the rebels, killing around 100 of them, Ahmed al-Bekry, deputy governor told Reuters. Twenty government soldiers were also killed in the fighting, he said.

 Top stories
So far 18 people have also been confirmed dead in an avalanche that swept through the Mount Everest base camp.
Investigators say they found a militant ring in Sardinia, with a suicide attacker potentially planning to target the Holy See.
“Every day Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion, so you can do more than just get by,” Clinton said.
Defense team say he took part in the bombing, but argue that his elder brother, Tamerlan, was the mastermind of the attack.
Partner news
Soghomon Tehlirian assassinated Talaat Pasha on March 15, 1921

Operation Nemesis was a covert operation by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation carried out from 1920 to 1922, during which a number of former Ottoman political and military figures were assassinated for their role in the Armenian Genocide.