700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported June 1-7

700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces reported June 1-7

PanARMENIAN.Net - 700 ceasefire violations by Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from June 1-7.

Azerbaijan fired over 6000 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking measures to protect the frontline and retaliating only in case of necessity.

During the period between May 25 and 31, the Azeri forces violated the ceasefire about 1000, firing about 10 000 shots in the direction of Karabakh positions.

 Top stories
President Serzh Sargsyan said earlier that the Armenian side lost some 800 hectares (around 8 square kilometers) in the course of 4-day.
The parties discussed the situation in the Karabakh conflict zone following the early April's 4-day war and the ways to overcome the consequences.
At the meeting, the parties addressed opportunities to overcome consequences of the 4-day violence in Karabakh in early April.
“There can be no success in negotiations if violence continues, and there can be no peace without a negotiation process,” the statement said.
Partner news