Palestinian militants resume rocket fire as truce expires

Palestinian militants resume rocket fire as truce expires

PanARMENIAN.Net - Palestinian militants resumed firing rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip on Friday, Aug 8, Israeli police and municipal officials said, after a 72-hour ceasefire expired, Reuters reported.

There were no reports of casualties or damage after sirens sounded in southern Israel, nor was there any immediate Israeli military response. A spokeswoman for Hamas, the Islamist militant group that dominates the Gaza Strip, said it would not extend the truce but talks in Cairo mediated by Egypt would continue.

 Top stories
Tsarnaev is likely to be moved to a federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, to await execution, but there could be years of appeals.
The measures are also expected to introduce banning orders for extremist organizations who use hate speech in public places.
The U.S. State Department offered up to $7mln for information on Qaduli whom it described as a senior IS official.
So far 18 people have also been confirmed dead in an avalanche that swept through the Mount Everest base camp.
Partner news