// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Four Italian construction firm employees abducted in Libya

Four Italian construction firm employees abducted in Libya

PanARMENIAN.Net - Four Italian employees working for a construction firm on the western coast of Libya have been kidnapped, the Italian Foreign Ministry said Monday, July 20, according to CNN.

"We are busy trying to find the people that were kidnapped and trying to solve this problem," Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni said. The workers were abducted Sunday evening, and their families were told about it overnight.

"It's very difficult after just a few hours to understand the nature of this kidnapping, who is responsible for it," Gentiloni said.

A crisis team has been activated to assist and coordinate efforts to free the employees of the Bonatti construction company, who were working for Melitha Oil and Gas, the ministry said.

Bonatti is based in Parma, Italy, and specializes in jobs in hazardous areas, according to the company's website.

Earlier this year, Italy closed its embassy in Libya and urged all Italian citizens to leave the country.

 Top stories
French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard died September 19 at the age of 96, Figaro reports.
Archaeological relics related to the Kingdom of Urartu (860 BC – 590 BC) has recently been found in Anaqizli mount.
Work will be performed in Alexandria, Virginia and Azerbaijan, and is expected to be completed in September 2020.
The exit polls only showed results for seats assigned by party lists, which represent half of the 450-member parliament.
Partner news