// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

Hillary Clinton agrees to hand over private email server to FBI

Hillary Clinton agrees to hand over private email server to FBI

PanARMENIAN.Net - Hillary Clinton has agreed to hand over to the FBI the private email server that she used as Secretary of State, BBC News reports.

Clinton’s use of private email has generated a barrage of criticism as Clinton runs for president. Critics say that her set-up was unsecure, contrary to government policy and designed to shield her communications from oversight.

The FBI is investigating whether classified information was improperly sent via the server and stored there.

Clinton initially handed over thousands of pages of emails to the state department, but not the server. Her lawyers will also hand over to the FBI memory sticks which contain the copies of the emails.

Her use of private email has been a major issue in the presidential race. Polls show an increasing number of voters view her as "untrustworthy" due in part to the questions surrounding her email use.

Under US federal law, officials' correspondence is considered to be U.S. government property.

Government employees are encouraged to use government email accounts although some top officials have used personal accounts in the past.

In March, Clinton said she and her lawyers made the decision over what would be considered work-related email when the state department asked for records from former secretaries of state.

The emails deemed work-related were about half of the 60,000 emails she sent in total during her time in office. The emails she deemed personal were deleted, Clinton said.

Since then, the state department has been releasing the emails to the public in batches about once a month.

However on Tuesday, Aug 11, the State Department said it would not be releasing a portion of the emails because some of the messages were retroactively determined to be "top secret".

Senior Republican Reince Priebus said Clinton had "run out of options" in the face of FBI scrutiny. "She knows she did something wrong and has run out of ways to cover it up," he said.

 Top stories
A group of leading Turkish businessmen, academics and artists, including Osman Kavala, will go on trial.
Citizens of Armenia, Russia, Georgia and Kazakhstan were among the 60 travelers inside the bus that overturned not far from Siena.
The group announced that it will commemorate the 104th anniversary of the Armenian genocide with a youth march on April 24 in Nicosia.
The first explosion was reported in a church located in the capital. The other blasts followed within half an hour.
Partner news