Gunbattles in Afghanistan as military clears govt. building from militants

Gunbattles in Afghanistan as military clears govt. building from militants

PanARMENIAN.Net - Gunfights were still ongoing as Afghan military forces attempted to secure an education department office in Jalalabad after armed men had stormed the premises on Wednesday, July 11, Al-Masdar News says.

According to officials, at least 10 people were killed and 10 more wounded in the assault, including a security guard. Two suicide bomb vests were reportedly detonated in the attack.

Up to 50 people were reportedly trapped inside the building but were later released when security forces attacked the area and brought the situation under control.

So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

 Top stories
A spokesperson, said a doctor gave her a vaccination on Friday, then tested positive for the virus shortly after.
Czechs and foreign nationals with permanent or long-term residence will not be allowed to leave the country.
Ravindra Gupta said the new test results were "even more remarkable" and likely demonstrated the patient was cured.
The company got its first break with a contract to build code-making machines for U.S. troops during World War II.
Partner news