Defense Ministry: Armenia didn’t specify dates for CSTO maneuvers

Defense Ministry: Armenia didn’t specify dates for CSTO maneuvers

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenian Defense Ministry spokesman commented on the report about postponement of CSTO’s Collective Rapid Reaction Force joint military drills in Armenia.

“Armenian side never specified dates for the military exercises. Mid-September was mentioned as the possible time,” Artsrun Hovhannisyan told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.

Dwelling on the exercises, Mr. Hovhannisyan noted that the preparatory works are currently in the final stage, with the first groups expected to arrive already on Sept. 3-4.

He further said that Armenian Defense Ministry will specify the number of the participants in the days to come.

CSTO’s Collective Rapid Reaction Force joint military exercises have been shifted from Sept. 3-8 to Sept. 15-19 over technical reasons at the request of the Armenian side.

The maneuvers will bring together military units from Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan, as well as representatives from International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), UN, OSCE and CIS observers. The number of troops involved totals about 2000 people, CSTO press service reported.

 Top stories
Karapetyan said Armenia was expecting Zas in May, when the situation in the region got quite tense, but no such trip happened back then.
Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said on July 15 that the Armenian side has so far managed to have 104 prisoners of war.
EU Foreign Ministers and top foreign policy officials will arrive in Armenia on June 25, as part of a larger trip to the region.
Ter-Petrosyan urged the public to vote for the ANC in the upcoming snap parliamentary elections on June 20.
Partner news