Islamic State's second-in-command killed in raid in Syria: NBC

Islamic State's second-in-command killed in raid in Syria: NBC

PanARMENIAN.Net - ISIS' second in command was killed during a raid in Syria this month, defense officials told NBC News.

Defense Secretary Ash Carter and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford are expected to provide details on the raid that killed Haji Imam at 10:30 a.m. ET Friday, March 25.

Officials told NBC News earlier this month that top ISIS commander Omar al-Shishani — also known by his nickname Omar the Chechen — was believed killed in a U.S. airstrike in Syria.

The deaths are major scores for U.S.-led coalition forces in taking out the biggest names on the U.S.'s terror hit list, NBC says.

 Top stories
The earthquake caused a temporary blackout, damaged many buildings and closed a number of rural roads.
The Prosecutor’s Office has released surveillance footage and said that one of the detainees in the case, Iveri Melashvili.
Destinations welcomed 900m fewer international tourists in January–October when compared with the same period of 2019.
Austrian authorities said at least one gunman remained on the run at 1am Vienna time on November 3.
Partner news
---