North Korea won’t abandon nukes “with US gun to its head”

North Korea won’t abandon nukes “with US gun to its head”

PanARMENIAN.Net - The top North Korean official for U.S. relations has told The Associated Press that his country is now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, and Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches like the ones earlier this week as long as it attempts to force his government's collapse through a policy of pressure and punishment.

Han Song Ryol, head of the department of U.S. affairs at North Korea's Foreign Ministry, blamed the current situation on the United States, saying it needs to stop its military threats, sanctions and economic pressure, the Associated Press reports.

"Without doing so, it's like they are telling us to reconcile while they are putting a gun to our forehead," he said.

Han defended North Korea's test-launching on Wednesday of two medium-range ballistic missiles.

 Top stories
The earthquake caused a temporary blackout, damaged many buildings and closed a number of rural roads.
The Prosecutor’s Office has released surveillance footage and said that one of the detainees in the case, Iveri Melashvili.
Destinations welcomed 900m fewer international tourists in January–October when compared with the same period of 2019.
Austrian authorities said at least one gunman remained on the run at 1am Vienna time on November 3.
Partner news
---