Karabakh downs Azerbaijani combat drone in Stepanakert

Karabakh downs Azerbaijani combat drone in Stepanakert

PanARMENIAN.Net - The air defense units of the Nagorno-Karabakh army shot down an Azerbaijani combat drone flying above Stepanakert, Nagorno-Karabakh, Armenian Defense Ministry spokeswoman Shushan Stepanyan said Saturday, October 31.

Earlier on Saturday, the Azerbaijani military fired missiles on Stepanakert and the city of Shushi, injuring civilians. The fresh attacks came hours after Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers met in Geneva and agreed to not deliberately target civilian populations or non-military objects in accordance with international humanitarian law.

Azerbaijan, with help from Turkey and Syrian and Libyan mercenaries deployed by Ankara, started a war against Karabakh (Artsakh) in the morning of September 27. The Armenian side has reported deaths and injuries both among the civilian population and the military. Foreign and local journalists too have been injured in Azeri shelling of towns and villages.

 Top stories
The top diplomats discussed the implementation of the agreements reached at Russia-Armenia-Azerbaijan summit in Moscow.
Ara Ayvazian said the violation of the ceasefire has led to the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of Artsakh.
Karabakh authorities said that searches continue in Jabrail and Fizuli, which are now under Azerbaijan's control.
It said France's responsibility as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group is to work towards finding a negotiated settlement.
Partner news