Bodies of around 900 Karabakh servicemen recovered so far

Bodies of around 900 Karabakh servicemen recovered so far

PanARMENIAN.Net - The bodies of 892 servicemen have been recovered in search and rescue operations in Nagorno-Karabakh as of December 15, the Emergency Service of Artsakh (Karabakh) reports.

Karabakh authorities said that searches continued in Jabrail and Fizuli, which are now under Azerbaijan's control, on December 16. So far, only one Karabakh serviceman has been found alive, alongside an Azerbaijan soldier, in the region of Shushi.

The parents and family members of missing servicemen have been allowed to join the search and rescue operations.

Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, Russian and Azerbaijani Presidents Vladimir Putin and Ilham Aliyev on November 9 signed a statement to end the war in Karabakh after almost 45 days. Under the deal, the Armenian side has returned all the seven regions surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh, having lost a part of Karabakh itself in hostilities.

 Top stories
The top diplomats discussed the implementation of the agreements reached at Russia-Armenia-Azerbaijan summit in Moscow.
Ara Ayvazian said the violation of the ceasefire has led to the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of Artsakh.
It said France's responsibility as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group is to work towards finding a negotiated settlement.
The two presidents discussed in detail the implementation of the agreements reached under the November 9 statement.
Partner news