HRD: Man detained in Shushi incident will be handed to Karabakh authorities

HRD: Man detained in Shushi incident will be handed to Karabakh authorities

PanARMENIAN.Net - The man who threw an explosive at a checkpoint near the Nagorno-Karabakh town of Shushi will soon be handed over the authorities of Artsakh, Human Rights Defender Gegham Stepanyan said on Saturday, November 13.

Stepanyan revealed that the person is currently at the headquarters of the Russian peacekeeping troops, who said the Karabakh citizen was taken to there due to security reasons.

"The staff of the Human Rights Defender will visit the citizen to provide the necessary legal assistance to him," Stepanyan added.

It was reported earlier that a key road connecting Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) has reopened after it was closed because of an "incident between the Armenian and Azerbaijani sides". Azerbaijan said later that three of their soldiers were injured in the incident.

 Top stories
The CSTO budget for the current year requires adjustments due to the refusal of Yerevan to pay their share of contributions.
Six total incidents have burned 19 old-growth trees. Friday night 8 trees were torched along the beautiful main entrance.
The EU does not intend to conduct military exercises with Armenia, Lead Spokesperson for EU Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Peter Stano says.
Hikmet Hajiyev has said that there is no place for USAID operation in Azerbaijan any longer.
Partner news
---