September 19, 2023 - 19:31 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - Children injured in the Azerbaijani aggression against Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) have sustained shrapnel injuries of varying severity, but the condition of three kids is serious, said a doctor from Arevik Children's Medical Center of Stepanakert, Nagorno-karabakh’s capital on Tuesday, September 19.
A total of nine patients have been admitted to the children’s hospital since Azerbaijan launched the attack at a little after midday on Tuesday.
One of the children in a serious condition has been operated on, the second is currently in the OR, while the third one with severe head injury is waiting for their turn.
According to information shared by the Karabakh Ministry of Health, at least five people, including one child, have been killed in Azerbaijan’s violence, while 80 others, including 15 civilians, have been injured.
Shortly after launching the attack, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said that the Russian peacekeeping contingent deployed in Nagorno-Karabakh to help protect the Armenian population there had been notified about the attack in advance.
The Azerbaijani military earlier accused the Karabakh military of staging a provocation and planting a mine in territories controlled by Azerbaijan, which had allegedly caused the death of two civilians.
The Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army denied the accusations on Tuesday. The Defense Army had been denying various accusations from Azerbaijan from quite some time.