Angelo Ogbonna ruled out of match vs. Armenia

Angelo Ogbonna ruled out of match vs. Armenia

PanARMENIAN.Net - Torino stopper Angelo Ogbonna has been ruled out of the World Cup qualifiers against Armenia and Denmark, football-italia.net reported.

The center-back was included in Cesare Prandelli’s squad on Sunday, October 7, but he’s already returned home because of injury.

Ogbonna, born in 1988, is suffering with an inflammation of the prostate gland which has been troubling him in recent times.

Prandelli may opt not to call in a replacement given that he named a 27-man squad for the games set for Friday and Tuesday.

Ogbonna has won five caps under Prandelli and made his first competitive appearance, after four friendly matches, in the 2-2 draw with Bulgaria last month.

Meanwhile, Ignazio Abate sat out training on Monday as the Milan man is suffering with a slight cold.

 Top stories
“Although they have not made an official bid, they have expressed an interest in hosting a world championships,” Adamfi said.
Despite finding wrongdoing among the 11 bidding nations, Eckert said the integrity of the votes was not affected.
Nadal has struggled with appendicitis this month and had earlier announced he would not be playing at the Paris Masters.
The grandmaster announced his desicion during an official dinner hosted by Armenian leader, chess federation president Serzh Sargsyan.
Partner news