Beckham set to begin talks with French side AS Monaco

Beckham set to begin talks with French side AS Monaco

PanARMENIAN.Net - David Beckham is set to begin talks with French side AS Monaco, with negotiations expected to take place after Saturday's MLS Cup final, BBC Sport reported.

The 37-year-old is understood to be open to a move, having announced his desire to leave Los Angeles Galaxy.

Monaco chief executive officer Tor-Kristian Karlsen said: "We are happy with our current squad. But if there's a chance to get a player of Beckham's stature, we'd be foolish not to explore it."

The former England captain, who has attracted interest from clubs in Russia and Brazil, plans to make a final decision on his future by the turn of the year.

Karlsen added: "Right now we're trying to learn if Beckham's future ambitions are in sync with ours. I understand he's high in demand but it's natural for a player with his experience and quality. Let's see what the next few weeks bring. It's a privilege to be linked with world-renowned players like Beckham."

Beckham is due to play for LA Galaxy against Houston Dynamo on Saturday, a rematch of last year's MLS Cup final. LA Galaxy won that game 1-0 to earn Beckham his first piece of silverware in the United States.

That was thought to be the last game of his six-year MLS career, only for him to sign a new two-year contract in January.

Monaco - under the guidance of former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri - are top of the French second division after 15 matches of the season.

Beckham has attracted interest from other parts of France, too. Paris Saint-Germain offered him a multi-million pound contract to move to Paris last November but he opted not to accept the proposal for family reasons.

 Top stories
Anastasiya Galustyan who represented Armenia at the tournament took the 15th place with 143, 05 points.
Sepp Blatter's spokesman, Thomas Renggli said that the suspended FIFA president "should be present at the congress."
The withdrawal will come as a major blow to the sport - and to IAAF president Coe - in a time of unprecedented turmoil.
The addition of the 28-year-old forward brings a proven goalscorer to a club on the search for more production from its forward corps.
Partner news