Prandelli: Pirlo has no plans to quit football

Prandelli: Pirlo has no plans to quit football

PanARMENIAN.Net - Italy boss Cesare Prandelli insists that Juventus ace Andrea Pirlo has no plans to retire from international football.

There have been suggestions that the midfielder should quit the international scene in order to concentrate on his club career given that he is now 33.

However, speaking with Raisport on Friday, October 5 Prandelli says that the playmaker is still a key part of his project.

“Andrea is the only guy who needs to make a decision on what he wants to do in the future,” the tactician argued.

“I had a conversation with him recently and he still feels like he wants to be a reference point for this blue shirt.

“He wants to get to the 2014 World Cup Finals and he’ll still be an important player for us.”

After drawing 2-2 with Bulgaria and beating Malta 2-0, the Azzurri’s qualification campaign continues this month with games against Armenia and Denmark.

“I hope to make the right decisions,” added the Coach. “There is a need to rejuvenate the team and plan for the future.

“You can’t think about arriving at such an important competition without making changes to the team along the way.”

Prandelli has opened the international doors to a number of youngsters in recent months and he’s hopeful for the future, football-italia.net reported.

Italy will face off against Armenia on October 12. The teams will play in 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier’s group B.

 Top stories
Messi had his first run-in over tax last year when he was accused of concealing €4.1mln earned from image rights in shell companies.
“Although they have not made an official bid, they have expressed an interest in hosting a world championships,” Adamfi said.
Despite finding wrongdoing among the 11 bidding nations, Eckert said the integrity of the votes was not affected.
Nadal has struggled with appendicitis this month and had earlier announced he would not be playing at the Paris Masters.
Partner news