20 Armenian servicemen wounded since start of border unrest

20 Armenian servicemen wounded since start of border unrest

PanARMENIAN.Net - Two dozen servicemen of the Armenian army have been wounded since the beginning of the escalation on the border with Azerbaijan, Defense Ministry spokeswoman Shushan Stepanyan said Wednesday, July 15.

While 10 out of those 20 have already been discharged, one of the soldiers still in hospital is in critical condition, five others will need some time to recover, and the others will return to service within just a week, Stepanyan added.

On July 12, Azerbaijan launched two failed infiltration attempts on the border with Armenia whose troops immediately identified the saboteurs and thwarted them back to their positions. Since the next morning, the Azerbaijani military has been firing on the Armenian positions, also using large caliber grenade launchers and combat drones to target civilian homes in several border settlements. Four servicemen of the Armenian army have been killed, 20 others have been wounded, while Azerbaijan has reported 11 deaths.

 Top stories
Defense Minister Suren Papikyan has visited the southern Armenian province of Syunik, the Defense Ministry reported on March 18.
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Coronavirus infection rates are dropping in Armenia but the death rate remains high, Anahit Avanesyan has said.
Partner news
---