Karabakh denies Azerbaijan's accusations of ceasefire violation

Karabakh denies Azerbaijan's accusations of ceasefire violation

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) Defense Army on Friday, September 3 denied reports from Baku accusing the Armenian side of opening fire towards the Azerbaijani positions deployed in Shushi – an Armenian city that came under Azerbaijan's control during the 44-day war in fall 2020.

"The Defense Army of Artsakh Republic declares that the army strictly adhere to the ceasefire and only retaliate to prevent the adversary's provocations," the Defense Army said in a statement.

 Top stories
Armenia has registered Covid-19-related deaths in 23 vaccinated individuals so far, according to Health Minister Anahit Avanesyan.
Poland has donated 201,640 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Armenia's Health Ministry, the Polish Embassy in Yerevan reveals.
Coronavirus infection rates are dropping in Armenia but the death rate remains high, Anahit Avanesyan has said.
The government is planning to gradually transition to a professional army and significantly change the structure of conscription.
Partner news
---